Director, Business Development Smiths Falls or Trenton, Ontario
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a fast growing multi-trade service company with an immediate opening for a Director of Business Development in Smiths Falls or Trenton. The Director, Business Development will play a fundamental role in developing future growth across all lines of business, with a focus on Kilmarnock’s Design, Robotics and Automation department.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years and has been recognized by Profit 500 for the last 2 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Achieve targets for revenue, profitability and sales growth.
- Seek out and qualifies new customers and opportunities, develops an account plan to approach and secure new business for the company.
- Develop a detailed understanding of customers’ strategic business objectives build and a solid understanding of customers’ internal functional operations.
- Working cross-functionally, leverage Kilmarnock resources to create a plan and a proposal which addresses the needs of the customer.
- Fully accountable for preparing proposals and presentations and assist with estimating and quoting.
- Managing prospects and opportunities in the CRM system.
- Development of business cases to facilitate the sales of automation and design services.
- Increase share of existing markets and with current customers.
- Participates with the senior team in the development of the strategic marketing plan for the company.
- Analyze regional market trends, identify trends within the industry that could affect current and future growth. Report back to leadership with a proposed approach.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the management team on developing new offerings and services for our clients.
- Develop relationships and/or strategic alliances with other vendors to penetrate key markets as required.
- Work collaboratively with the management team to assist in strategic improvement action plans.
- Perform other duties as required.
To be successful, you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years of sales/business development with a good record of achieving targets in a manufacturing, technical or industrial services setting.
- Solid sales acumen and understanding of sales processes; formal sales training is an asset.
- Proven success in generating new client relationships and sales leads.
- Strong business acumen including solid understanding of manufacturing environments, financial concepts and sales/go to market strategies.
- Experience preparing proposals, SOWs, quotes and presentations in a professional manner.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Understanding of business, financial and technical content.
- Committed to building additional knowledge, skills and experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- The ability to grasp technical and customer issues and turn into business actions/opportunities.
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States.
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.