Machinist – Smiths Falls
Kilmarnock Enterprise has an immediate opening for a Machinist in Smiths Falls. You will be responsible for creating quality parts produced on various machines such as lathes, milling machines and general shop equipment.
Responsible for creating quality parts produced on various machines such as lathes, milling machines and general shop equipment. This role involves working both independently and with skilled team members, troubleshooting and creative problem solving.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as manual and CNC mills and lathes
- Measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, etc.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and setup complex and efficient fixturing in order to perform precision machining operations
- Machine, align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Being proactive rather than reactive – uncover risks before they turn into issues
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience in an industrial setting
- Red Seal designation as a Machinist or Tool and Die Maker
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals and specifications
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
Benefits for you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!