HR Manager in Smiths Falls, Ontario
Kilmarnock Enterprise is looking for an HR Manager who is passionate about making a difference with a locally owned company in the most important economic sector in Canada – Manufacturing.
Reporting directly to the CEO and an active member of the Senior Management Team, the HR Manager is a trusted advisor who will work collaboratively across all areas of the business to strategize and operationalize people initiatives that will help deliver the business plan. We are an established yet growing industrial services company committed to our core values of Trust, Respect, Integrity and Professionalism. We are proud of our diverse culture, which makes our team strong and leads to innovative solutions for our many unique clients across all commercial sectors. Our expanding company is filled with highly skilled trades and technical professionals as well as management and support staff dedicated to serving all our stakeholders. We are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and actively recruit for STEM graduates. We are one of the largest supporters of apprenticeships in the region and have a training quota for all employees.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coach and advise managers about people related issues including performance management, development, and employee relations
- Understand business and people priorities as well as challenges and proactively drive effective outcomes
- Support and be a champion of a diverse and inclusive values-based culture
- Execute all people related processes and drive HR priorities
- Prepare and deliver various training programs and team building sessions
- Lead execution of organizational development and change management initiatives
- Guide employees as well as management in understanding and applying various policies and procedures
- Actively pursue process improvement activities
- Maintain good working relationships to proactively resolve issues and coach for performance
- Support and be a champion for Kilmarnock’s business plan and corporate initiatives
- Influence and challenge management to act as change agents, make tough decisions and be resilient leaders
- Work in partnership with leadership to develop innovative HR programs that will help enable positive business outcomes
- Strategize recruitment to facilitate the hiring of diverse and highly skilled candidates
- Provide expert advice on employee matters
To be successful, you will need:
- Strong business acumen. You are viewed as a business person who is an expert in HR
- Strong consultative skills, proven ability to work in partnership with leadership, and able to influence at all levels within the organization
- 10+ years as an HR Business Partner or HR Manager/Director where you have had a strategic imperative as well as accountability for execution
- Strong understanding of ESA and practical experience navigating complex employee issues
- You thrive in change! You have demonstrated your ability to be agile and highly adaptable to different work conditions and changing business priorities
- Problem solving skills including the ability to determine root cause of complex issues and arrive at sound HR and business solutions
- Change management including experience working in companies experiencing growth and rapid change
- Strong management background with a “player/coach” mentality. You roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team
- Strong knowledge of HR trends, practices, and legislation
- Excellent presentation and facilitation abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities by applying strong organizational skills
- Strong desire to continually develop skills and knowledge. You love to learn
- Post-Secondary education in Business, Human Resources or Management
- Proficiency in MS Office
Benefits for you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team, we would love to hear from you at email@example.com
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.