3D Scanning Applications
November 1, 2018
Kilmarnock has been using our new 3D Scanner to create value for our customers. In the past month our design department has used the tool for various quality control purposes. For example:
- Measuring complex hydraulic assemblies in the field to validate fit.
- Measuring large frames in the shop to create acceptance reports.
- Checking a site after an install to create detailed as built drawings.
Other possible applications include:
- Scanning a site before an install to ensure no interference and confirm the clients needs.
- Update outdated or inaccurate plant drawings.
- Measure difficult to reach areas or items before modifications.
- Reverse engineer structures.
- And many more...