Kilmarnock Enterprise Trenton takes part in "Take Our Kids to WorkTM program"
November 2, 2016
What is the Take Our Kids to WorkTM program?
Take Our Kids to WorkTM is an annual program in which Grade 9 (or equivalent) students are hosted by parents, friends, relatives and volunteers at workplaces across the country every November. The program supports career development by helping students connect school, the world of work, and their own futures.
Employers who register for this program are eligible to apply for the Canada's Outstanding Employers Award. Take Our Kids to Work™ is our signature program which began in 1994 in the Greater Toronto area. Today, students across Canada, from Nunavut to Newfoundland participate in the program. (source: http://www.thelearningpartnership.ca/what-we-do/student-programs/take-our-kids-to-work)
Bob Kidd, Project Co-ordinator/Estimator - Kilmarnock Enterprise, spent the day with his daughter Amanda...
We asked Amanda to answer a few questions and see how she felt about her day:
- What did you like most about the day?
- What I liked most about the day was watching everyone work together. There was a lot of teamwork going on.
- What did you like least about the day?
- Was there anything that you learned about your Dad during the day that you didn’t already know?
- I learned that my father is really good at multitasking and that he always has a backup plan if need be.
- What surprised you the most about the day?
- I was surprised at how calm and collected that everyone was.
- Can you explain what you think your Dad’s job is?
- He writes quotes, creates drawings, and he mentors younger team members.
- Do you think you could do your dad’s job? Why or why not?
- Yes, I think that I could if I were to brush up on my math skills.
- Is there anything else you would like to add about our day with your Dad?
- I’d like to add that I really enjoyed my day because of the atmosphere and I’d like to come back again.
Bob added a few comments: “Thanks to all for allowing her to join me today at work, we have both enjoyed it and have had a great day together”