Robotics Specialist & Designer in Smiths Falls, Ontario
The Robotic Specialist & Designer will be designing robotic cells in a fast-paced environment as part of a dynamic customer-centric team. Creating end-to-end solutions for our customers drives our innovation. You will be part of an energetic team that thrives on working together to create the ideal solution.
Your contribution to the team:
- Design custom robotic cells to handle our customers complex problems for our customers, spanning across all industries
- Bring advanced and solution focused concepts forward to boost our company’s innovation
- Help enable our customers adapt to the rapidly changing manufacturing environment by bringing advanced technology to their operations
- Visit our customers to investigate processes that could be automated
- Assist in business development and quotes for robot cells and automation
- Create robotic cell concepts and simulate them using various tools, such as robot studio
- Participate in the design of the cells as part of our Design group
- Program robots per the design concept
- Assist in the start-up and commissioning on customer sites after a cell is delivered
To be successful, you will need:
- Technical degree/diploma, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in industrial automation & robotics
- Proven experience in programming and simulating robotic cells
- Proven experience in start-up and commissioning of robot cells
Nice to have experience:
- Experience with ABB and/or Fanuc robots
- Experience using CAD systems such as SolidWorks to prepare drawings
- Knowledge of specific codes – CSA Z434
- Creative personality, out of the box thinker
- Applied knowledge of Automation and Controls
- This position is full-time in Smiths Falls, Ontario
- Travel may be required on occasion (less than 10%)
Benefits to you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimum commute times. There are beautiful waterfront parks and trails for the outdoor enthusiast, and many sports fields and recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to HR@kilmarnock.ca or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!