Robotics & Automation Designer in Smiths Falls, Ontario
The Robotics and Automation Designer, working with the Design Team, is primarily responsible for designing custom robotic cells to provide our customers with solutions to complex needs. Your role will be responsible for designing plans to build robots and also the processes necessary to optimize the performance of robots to meet customer needs.
Your contribution to the team:
- Design custom robotic cells to handle our customers complex problems for all industries in eastern Ontario and beyond
- Bring innovative concepts to the table to aid our company’s creativity
- Help our customers adapt to the fast-changing manufacturing world by bringing advanced technology to their operations
To be successful, you will need:
- Degree or diploma in engineering, design, drafting or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in industrial design
- Experience using CAD systems to prepare drawings
- Hands-on Robotic experience in a manufacturing environment
Nice to have:
- Experience with ABB and/or Fanuc robots
- Experience with Robot programming and simulation software
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of specific codes – CSA Z434, Z432
- Creative personality, out of the box thinker
- Applied knowledge of Automation and Controls
- Eng. Designation
Benefits for you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
Together we will grow to create and provide quality products and services to exceed our clients’ expectations!
If this resonates with you, please use the form below to send us your resume and a cover letter highlighting why you are the ideal candidate for this position.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!