Shop Support Assistant / General Labourer – Trenton
Perform a variety of tasks in the Shop as a general labourer
Your contribution to the team:
- Helping out with a variety of trades in the Shop as needed. This will involve physical labour and using a variety of hand and power tools
- Maintenance and cleaning of the interior and exterior of the Shop, ensuring our space is kept clean and in good shape for all employees
- Minor fleet and forklift maintenance
- Loading and unloading of vehicles
- Assisting in Tool Crib when required
- Delivery and pick-up of materials
- Responsible for following all safety legislation and protocols
- Other duties as required
To be successful, you will need:
- Experience as a General Labourer/Assistant in a shop environment is an asset
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Effective communication skills
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labour
Benefits to you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!