Structural Engineer – Smiths Falls & Trenton
The Structural Engineer works under the direction of the Engineering Manager. This person is primarily responsible for planning and executing structural & civil design projects from beginning to total completion. This person will also provide leadership and guidance to the engineering team members through their expertise.
Kilmarnock’s typical structural & civil projects are smaller scale systems which support the activities of manufacturing facilities. Examples may include:
- Existing building modification (column relocation, wind bracing…)
- Addition of Custom Mezzanines
- Joist Reinforcements
- Pipe & Equipment Hangers
- Roof or Wall penetrations
- Concrete Equipment Pads
This is a great opportunity to apply your knowledge to a variety of work environments and projects.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is an end-to-end industry solution provider specializing in solving complex problems. The Robotics, Automation, Controls and Engineering department (RACE) is primarily focused on the design, fabrication, and commissioning of custom machines to improve the operations of manufacturing companies throughout Ontario.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, and specifications with supervision from the engineering manager
- Perform site visits to gather the required information for quoting, or execution of a project.
- Inspecting completed projects to ensure they are compliant with safety standards and codes. This includes professional development to stay up to date with current codes.
- Participate in the development of systems related to documentation, controls, and
- Preparation of studies, design criteria, and quantity estimates
- Civil Engineering degree with a minimum of 2-4 years of progressive experience with industrial design, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards
- P. Eng Ontario designation required; eligibility is also acceptable.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, MS Office, and other 3D imaging software
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering and structural specifications, standards, and codes
- Ability to quote engineering requirements
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record
- Hybrid workplace office environment.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel to client location, construction sites and other off-site locations may be required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Working both indoors and outdoors required
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8