Journeyman Reports To
The position of Journeyman Welder/Fitter reports to the Project Manager, Shop Manager or Site Supervisor
The position of Journeyman Welder/Fitter includes, some production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitter welding. This position requires a proficiency in knowledge and use of fabrication techniques involved in the fabrication and manufacture of custom machinery and projects. The Journeyman will be well versed in the operation of machinery and hand tools involved in the fabrication of various types of machinery and structures.
The ability to multi-task and move from job to job is a must. Additionally, the Journeyman Welder/Fitter/Fabricator will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and oxy-acetylene welding (OAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Assemble, fit and weld metal sections and plates to create complete projects
- Monitor quality of fabrication and production
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Liaise with internal and external customers for resolution of data and technical problems
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience as a Journeyman Welder/Fitter
- Interprovincial Red Seal or CWB tickets
- Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations as work requires
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools
- Frequently noisy working environment
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching or sitting
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8