CNC Machine Operator
Machine Shop Supervisor
This position will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance on machinery based on established protocols/guidelines. You will be required to read and interpret blueprints and diagrams to position, select, and secure machines. The Machine Operator will also need to ensure machine settings to complete tasks efficiently in accordance with specifications in a timely manner.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Set up and operate machine shop equipment, predominately CNC mills and lathes.
- Preparation of materials including saw cutting, grinding, deburring etc.
- Routine machine maintenance according to instruction and documentation.
- Monitor machine performance and troubleshoot issues as required.
- Report abnormal conditions to management.
- Inspect parts using measuring tools including calipers, micrometers etc.
- Complete applicable inspection documentation.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Clean equipment and work area regularly and as required to maintain a safe & tidy workspace.
- Maintain safe working practices.
- May perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating CNC machines such as lathes and milling machines in a manufacturing environment is preferred; OR has a mechanical aptitude and desire to learn.
- Combination of additional relevant education or experience.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Experience with Mastercam is an asset.
- Must be able to communicate and follow instruction in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible shifts and changing work schedules.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose calculating material fabrication.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability for reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Use of PPE, including safety glasses, steel toe boots and hearing protection required.
- Able to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Travel to off-site locations may be requested based on availability, but is not mandatory.
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8