Design and Engineering Technologist Smiths Falls
The Design and Engineering Technologist works under the direction of the Design Manager with the input of the Project Manager. This person is primarily responsible for creating designs to solve our customer’s complex problems. Kilmarnock Enterprises operates in all industries in eastern Ontario and beyond as such design team members are exposed to a great amount of variety.
This position will report directly to Senior Mechanical Design Engineer / Design Manager.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years and has been recognized by Profit 500 for the last 2 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Communicate with customers to gather the project requirements
- Investigate any regulatory requirements associated with the project
- Participate in the quoting process
- Perform site visits to confirm measurements as required
- Create concept models for customer approval
- Perform experiments to validate concepts as required
- Perform engineering calculations to ensure the design meets the customer specifications.
- Perform simulations to validate designs.
- Create complete mechanical assemblies with full fabrication drawings
- Interact with the trades to ensure your designs are built as per its intent
- Other duties as required.
- Sense of accountability
- Good communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Degree or diploma in engineering, design, drafting, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in custom machinery design.
- Experience using CAD systems to prepare technical drawings.
- A solid understanding of common shop manufacturing methods for both small quantity and large quantity production.
- Knowledge of machine design, and mechanical elements.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong planning skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel to client location, construction sites and other off-site locations maybe required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Working both indoors and outdoors required
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Require the use of personal protective equipment.
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8