Chief Financial Officer
The Financial Administrator will be responsible for providing support to our Financial Department and performing a variety of administrative duties. They will need to possess a high level of accountability and integrity. In order to be successful, the Financial Administrator should have a strong knowledge in bookkeeping, accounting principles, and be familiar with all financial regulations & laws.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Gather, analyze, and communicate relevant financial data
- Updates spreadsheets and/or databases when required
- Manage accounts payable and receivable, and other expenses
- Keeping record of invoices
- Review and process reimbursements
- Assist CFO to resolve miscalculations and financial discrepancies
- Responsible for credit card administration and processing; including reconciliation of monthly statements
- Assist in year end & interim financial statements and working paper files
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders effectively
- Ability to manage own schedule and deadlines
- Stay up to date on technical and professional knowledge by joining and/or attending professional associations and educational workshops
- Bachelor degree and/or diploma in accounting, finance, and a similar field
- A minimum of 2 years experience as financial administrator, or similar position
- Excellent organization and time management abilities
- Practical experience with MS Excel Spreadsheets and accounting software
- Microsoft Project experience is preferred
- Ability to adapt to new software and processes
- Experience with Sage 50 is preferred
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Works well in team environment and with Management
- Pursuing professional accounting designation
- High level of critical thinking and logical analysis
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel to other office locations
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
- Professional memberships
- Professional development cost reimbursement
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8