Journeyman Welder – Smiths Falls
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
Preference will be given to welders with stainless steel experience.
The position of Journeyman Welder/Fitter includes, some production welding, service & repair welding, prototype building, and fitter welding. This position requires a proficiency in knowledge and use of fabrication techniques involved in the fabrication and manufacture of custom machinery and projects. The Journeyman will be well versed in the operation of machinery and hand tools involved in the fabrication of various types of machinery and structures.
The ability to multi-task and move from job to job is a must. Additionally, the Journeyman Welder/Fitter/Fabricator will be required to read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
Your Contributions to the Team:Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored arc welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and oxy-acetylene welding (OAW)
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines
- Assemble, fit and weld metal sections and plates to create complete projects
- Monitor quality of fabrication and production
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices
- Conduct repairs, modifications and retrofits
- Liaise with internal and external customers for resolution of data and technical problems
- Provide data to assist in monitoring and tracking project budgets and project status
- Assist in training, directing & supervision of junior employees and apprentices, inspecting and certifying their work
- Assists in conducting project review and post mortems
- Reviews blueprints and specifications; ensures drawings and specifications will function as designed in environment intended for use
- Implements corrective actions
- Ensures accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects
- Keep detailed and accurate reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques
- Other assigned work as required
To be successful, you will need:High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience as a Journeyman Welder/Fitter
- Interprovincial Red Seal or CWB tickets
- Valid welding certification, Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW), Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), certified in all positions
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations as work requires
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools
- Frequently noisy working environment
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching or sitting
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
Safety Culture – Supports a positive Safety Culture by leading by example, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and taking immediate action when necessary.
Quality Culture – Promotes the quality culture by attending regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with standards and effectiveness against KPIs.
Culture of Accountability – Demonstrates consistent above the line behaviors – See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It. Provide impact coaching to direct and indirect reports to encourage above the line behaviors on accountability (please see accountability document as a reference for coaching conversations).
Learning and Innovation Culture – Support intentional training programs for all employees that enable their growth and development that are focused on company goals, company values and company priorities and innovation initiatives as needed.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to email@example.com or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8