Project Manager, Shop Manager or Site Supervisor
The Millwright is responsible for installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. This will be accomplished through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. This position also requires that the Millwright troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment. The Millwright is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as it arrives, positioning the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled, using hoists, dollies, and trucks.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using hammers, crowbars, wrenches, and other hand or power tools.
- Where necessary, construct a foundation for new equipment, using building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Use a lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to match the appropriate specifications.
- Assemble all machinery and equipment by bolting, welding, riveting, or fastening them to pre-built foundations.
- Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Leads apprentices and directs them to ensure successful task completion.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Perform preventative maintenance once the machines and equipment are put into operation.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year apprenticeship program certified by Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, or 5 year’s direct experience as a Millwright.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year community college.
- Licensed journeyman, or class “A” certification.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or dismembered.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with all quality standards.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring apprentices would be considered an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 100 lbs.
- Travel to off-site locations may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use power and hand tools.
- Frequently noisy working environment.
- Overtime as required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- May be exposed to construction sites
- Employee may be exposed to uncomfortable work settings; may have long combinations of standing, crouching or sitting
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8