Millwright – Smiths Falls
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
The Millwright is responsible for installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams. This will be accomplished through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. This position also requires that the Millwright troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment. The Millwright is also responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines.
Your Contributions to the Team:
- Inspect machinery as it arrives, unload the parts, and then assemble them with the safe and effective use of hand and power tools.
- Relocate unassembled equipment as it arrives, positioning the machinery and pieces that need to be assembled, using hoists, dollies, and trucks.
- Interpret blueprints and schematics to determine work procedures.
- Dismantle machines by using hammers, crowbars, wrenches, and other hand or power tools.
- Where necessary, construct a foundation for new equipment, using building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- Align machines and equipment during installation, using hoists, jacks, squares, ruler, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- Use a lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to match the appropriate specifications.
- Assemble all machinery and equipment by bolting, welding, riveting, or fastening them to pre-built foundations.
- Adhere to assembly and installation instructions set forth in vendor manuals and specifications.
- Repair any problems associated with new equipment.
- Fabricate new machine parts if original parts are missing or damaged.
- Identify and correct any problems found in machines, equipment, or processes in order to facilitate production.
- Leads apprentices and directs them to ensure successful task completion.
- Ensure that safety policies, quality standards, and standard operating procedures are followed.
- Perform preventative maintenance once the machines and equipment are put into operation.
- Complete all paperwork as required.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with local, national, and international standards and legislation.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful, you will need:
- Four-year apprenticeship program certified by Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, or 5 year’s direct experience as a Millwright.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or one year community college.
- Licensed journeyman, or class “A” certification.
- Experience in moving, assembling, disassembling, troubleshooting, and repairing various types of machinery and equipment.
- Ability to detect, isolate, and identify irregularities and malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
- Able to fabricate new parts to replace defective parts during machine setup, maintenance, or overhaul.
- Thorough knowledge of load bearing capabilities of the equipment to be installed, assembled, or dismembered.
- Demonstrated aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with all quality standards.
- Accurate and highly analytical.
- Experience in supervising and mentoring apprentices would be considered an asset
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
Safety Culture – Supports a positive Safety Culture by leading by example, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and taking immediate action when necessary.
Quality Culture – Promotes the quality culture by attending regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with standards and effectiveness against KPIs.
Culture of Accountability – Demonstrates consistent above the line behaviors – See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It. Provide impact coaching to direct and indirect reports to encourage above the line behaviors on accountability (please see accountability document as a reference for coaching conversations).
Learning and Innovation Culture – Support intentional training programs for all employees that enable their growth and development that are focused on company goals, company values and company priorities and innovation initiatives as needed.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8