Human Resources and Payroll Administrator
Manager of Human Resources
The Human Resources and Payroll Administrator is responsible for managing the day-to-day human resources and payroll functions within the organization.This role involves ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll, maintaining employee records, administering employee benefits programs, and providing support for various HR initiatives.A strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and a comprehensive understanding of payroll and HR will be necessary in this role.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Verify employee time in company ERP system
- Process payroll in a timely manner within current accounting system
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws and company policies
Employee Data Management
- Maintain accurate and confidential employee records
- Enter new hires into the system and process any terminations including completion of ROE
- Manage employee information, including personal details, job titles, and salary changes
- Administer employee benefits programs
- Coordinate benefit enrollment, changes, and terminations
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits and assist with issue resolution
- Collaborate with benefit providers to ensure accurate and timely processing of benefits
Compliance and Reporting
- Stay updated on labor laws, tax regulations, and other relevant employment legislation
- Ensure compliance with payroll-related legal and regulatory requirements
- Prepare and submit government reports, such as tax filings and employment documentation
HR Support and Coordination
- Assist with HR-related tasks, including recruitment, performance management, employee relations, and training initiatives, as required
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Finance and IT, to resolve payroll system issues and implement process improvements
- Diploma or certificate in Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in payroll processing and administration
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal staff and work in a team focused environment
- Solid understanding of employment laws, tax regulations and HR best practices
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of Microsoft Office software and Simply Accounting
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and employees
- Some travel required.
- Overtime as required.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8