Pipefitter – Smiths Falls
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
The Pipefitter will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of low/high pressure piping systems and their components. Through the use of blueprints and project specifications, the Pipefitter will construct and repair piping systems that carry water, steam, chemicals and fuel. Other responsibilities will include the testing of systems once they are in place, troubleshooting and ensuring their ongoing functionality.
Your Contributions to the Team:
- Installs new mechanical equipment (e.g., pumps, compressors, air dryers, converters, heat exchangers, relief valves, pressure-reducing valves, condensate tanks, recirculation pumps, booster pumps, pneumatic controls, coils, isolation valves, 3-way valves, condensate traps).
- Installs low, medium, and high pressure steam systems, hydronic heating systems, cooling systems and associated controls.
- Fabricates and welds piping/equipment supports, brackets, guides.
- Fits up and prepares piping requiring welded joints.
- Liaises and collaborates with other trades, consultants and suppliers.
- Repairs plumbing systems, hydronic heating systems, humidifiers, kitchen equipment, equipment controls, equipment fillers and strainers, natural gas appliances, steam stations and steam operated equipment, including controls.
- Assists in the repair of ventilation equipment (e.g., exhaust fans, air handlers, mixing boxes).
- Repairs reverse osmosis water processing, medical gas systems, specialty piping
- Participates in preventative maintenance program.
- Performs filter changes on hydronic heating systems, control air, air-handling units.
- Lubricates mechanical equipment (e.g., pumps, compressors and various equipment bearings).
- Assists HVAC personnel with service of HVAC systems.
- Aligns pump motor to pump shaft.
- Cleans condensate traps and equipment strainers.
- Checks fluid levels, temperature and pressure within heating/cooling systems.
- Adjusts steam station pressure-reducing valves.
- Maintains correct glycol concentration in freeze protected heating systems.
- Provides occasional guidance to the primary function of others, including training.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- Performs other duties as required.
- Quality Orientation
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Research and Analysis
- Decision making and Judgement
- Providing Consultation
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Enforcing Laws, Rules and Regulations
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
To be successful, you will need:
- Completion of an approved Pipefitter Trade Certification program
- Steamfitter – Pipefitter Red Seal Certificate preferred
- 5 years’ experience as a Pipefitter
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret specifications and blueprints
- Ability to draw appropriate sketches to communicate details
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for pipefitting
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license
- Receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect.
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
Safety Culture – Supports a positive Safety Culture by leading by example, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and taking immediate action when necessary.
Quality Culture – Promotes the quality culture by attending regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with standards and effectiveness against KPIs.
Culture of Accountability – Demonstrates consistent above the line behaviors – See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It. Provide impact coaching to direct and indirect reports to encourage above the line behaviors on accountability (please see accountability document as a reference for coaching conversations).
Learning and Innovation Culture – Support intentional training programs for all employees that enable their growth and development that are focused on company goals, company values and company priorities and innovation initiatives as needed.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8