Project Manager in Smiths Falls & Trenton
The Project Manager is responsible for taking on the management of key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. He or she will coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and closeout projects. The Project Manager is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers, vendors, customers, employees. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including start-up, obtaining applicable permits, preparing tenders, budgets, estimates and schedules as well as sales. The Project Manager must have the ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems. Other duties will be assigned as necessary
This position will report directly to the Directors.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years and has been recognized by Profit 500 for the last 2 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
Motivator: Challenges themselves and their teams to continually improve and deliver distinguished performance.
Assertiveness: Overcome challenges, adversities and resistance.
Accountability: Ultimately assume responsibility for their teams’ successes and create the structure and processes to help their teams deliver on expectations.
Relationships: Build a positive, engaging work environment where their teams create strong relationships with one another and with clients.
Decision-Making: Solve the many complex issues and problems inherent to the role by thinking ahead, planning for contingencies, balancing competing interests and taking an analytical approach.
Learning / Growth: Initiate learning opportunities to benefit themselves, their position and the company.
- Manage the morale in the company by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers
- Generate sales through in-person and telephone customers, repeat customers and sales leads
- Build and foster a network of clients to create new opportunities for revenue growth
- Handle customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from site supervisors or other staff members.
- Analyze the customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue.
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide information more quickly and easily to customers.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Manage project start-up, permits, change orders and other processes on site
- Prepare tenders, budgets, estimates and quotations along with schedules to complete projects
- Review shop, installation and erection drawings with Design Manager
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Manage site meetings, all on-site personnel, paperwork and any other documents generated by project
- Ensure that work processes and procedures conform to internal QMS/ISO standards.
- Ensure that all on-site personnel are following safe work practices
- Ensure any on-site issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and changes and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan
- Report and escalate to senior management as needed
- Conduct project post job reviews in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings
- Responsible for completing all necessary Project Management tasks, including paperwork such as weekly schedules, job routers, timesheets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Post Secondary diploma or degree in a business technical field (Mechanical Engineering Technology) and / or Red Seal certification (e.g. Millwright, Machinist, Welder / Fitter, Iron Worker, Tool & Die Maker).
- 10 or more years’ previous management experience in an industrial environment with proven leadership and people management abilities.
- Strong management, communication and leadership skills
- A clear and solid understanding of personnel policies, practices, procedures and other operational issues faced by the organization.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all trades and techniques with a focus on Construction and Industrial millwrighting, process and power piping, custom and structural steel and alloy fabrications, machining and machine building.
- Ability to work safely in many environments with strong knowledge of OH&S regulations
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
- Able to facilitate meetings, feedback sessions and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients, employees and any other stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, etc.) and email
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
- Strong understanding of CCDC contracts and Ontario H&S regulations associated with the Industrial and Construction Industry.
- Ability to attend and conduct meetings.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Exposure to extremes of heat and cold – work both indoors and outdoors
- Exposure to high decibel levels, dust, dirt and to other media requiring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- 24/7 availability
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent travel to off-site locations
- Hazards associated with the trade
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8