Project Manager in Smiths Falls, Ontario
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a fast-growing multi-trade service company with an immediate opening for a Project Manager in Smiths Falls. The Project Manager is responsible managing key client projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. The Project Manager must have the ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years and has been recognized by Profit 500 for the last 2 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage project start-up, permits, change orders and other processes on site.
- Prepare tenders, budgets, estimates and quotations along with schedules to complete projects.
- Review shop, installation and erection drawings with Design Manager.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage site meetings, all on-site personnel, paperwork and any other documents generated by project.
- Ensure that work processes and procedures conform to internal QMS/ISO standards.
- Ensure that all on-site personnel are following safe work practices.
- Ensure any on-site issues are resolved and dealt with in a timely manner.
- Establish and deliver mechanisms for tracking project progress and changes and reporting to stakeholders via a formal communications plan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new business strategies and systems for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- Handle customer enquiries and complaints which are escalated from site supervisors or other staff members.
- Analyze the customer’s concern and present options to solve their issue.
- Update work orders with appropriate information to provide information more quickly and easily to customers.
- Ensure that all reporting employees adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Conduct project post job reviews in order to identify areas for improvement; make recommendations based on findings.
- Responsible for completing all necessary Project Management tasks, including paperwork such as weekly schedules, job routers, timesheets, etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
To be successful, you will need:
- Post Secondary diploma or degree in a business technical field (Mechanical Engineering Technology) and/or Red Seal certification (e.g. Millwright, Machinist, Welder / Fitter, Iron Worker, Tool & Die Maker).
- 10 + years’ previous management experience in an industrial environment with proven leadership and people management abilities.
- Strong management, communication and leadership skills.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all trades and techniques with a focus on Construction and Industrial millwrighting, process and power piping, custom and structural steel and alloy fabrications, machining and machine building.
- Ability to work safely in many environments with strong knowledge of OH&S regulations.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Able to facilitate meetings, feedback sessions and briefings in order to create consensus among stakeholders.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients, employees and any other stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, etc.) and email.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of CCDC contracts and Ontario H&S regulations associated with the Industrial and Construction Industry.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional travel is required.
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full-service district hospital. A scenic 45-minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to email@example.com or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
Questions? Ready to get started?Contact us today to put our experience to work
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8