Career – Robotics & Automation Specialist
Robotics & Automation Specialist – Smiths Falls & Trenton
The Automation & Robotics Specialist Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Automation & Robotics Specialist Summary
The Automation & Robotics Specialist, working with the Design Team, is primarily responsible for electrical design/drawings and PLC/HMI/Robot programing of custom automated machinery and robotic cells. The role primarily involves working in the office & shop with the designers, electrician, and shop personnel to program machines to client specifications. This role also involves occasional field service work such as commissioning of automated cells and troubleshooting of industrial control systems. Kilmarnock’s automation Team works in virtually every industrial sector in Ontario. This is an opportunity to use your creativity to solve our Client’s complex and diverse problems.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
Automation & Robotics Specialist Job Duties
- Communicate with customers to gather the project requirements, this includes site visits as required
- Create concept models & participate in the quoting process related to robotics and automation equipment
- Create high quality electrical drawing for various projects, including BOM & panel layouts
- Configuring, and testing of robot system
- Programing for various PLCs, HMI, servo, and robotic systems
- Technical support for robotic systems or other automated equipment
- Interact with the trades, designers, and engineers to make sure build intent is met
- Learn to interact with new PLC or robot brands as required
- Program vision solutions as required
- Troubleshoot industrial networks including Ethernet, DeviceNET, ControlNET and others
- Coordinates with production shop floor and manufacturing clients during debug and troubleshooting of equipment
- Ongoing commitment to learning and continual development
- Other duties as required
Automation & Robotics Specialist Basic Requirements
- Team player with good interpersonal/customer service skills and a positive attitude
- Self starter, ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail
- Ability to describe technical information in easy to understand terms
- Degree or diploma from a recognized college or university with specialization in automation controls or similar
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial electrical design, controls, and programing
- Experience using CAD systems to prepare technical drawings
- Hands on robotic experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation
- Strong attention to detail
Automation & Robotics Specialist Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with ABB and/or Fanuc robots
- Experience with robot programming and simulation software (Robot Studio, Robo guide)
- Applied knowledge of Automation and Controls, preferably with Allen Bradley, Schneider, and Siemens software
- Experience with vision system (Cognex, Keyence)
- Knowledge of SolidWorks
- Knowledge of Electrical Drawing Software (Eplan, See Electrical, Electra)
- Experience in the design and programing of custom automated equipment
Automation & Robotics Specialist Work Conditions
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Overtime may be required
- Travel to client location, construction sites and other off-site locations may be required
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Working both indoors and outdoors required
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Require the use of personal protective equipment
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8