Senior Mechanical Design Engineer – Smiths Falls & Trenton
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for supporting the engineering and will work closely with our Engineer Manager, and Project Managers to provide strong and innovative design solutions to our clients.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will also work closely with the Business Development team and Executive team to make decisions that will help guide and grow the current and future business. They will also provide mentorship and leadership to those working within the engineering department.
Kilmarnock Enterprise is an end-to-end industry solution provider specializing in solving complex problems. The Robotics, Automation, Controls and Engineering department (RACE) is primarily focused on the design, fabrication, and commissioning of custom machines to improve the operations of manufacturing companies throughout Ontario. Kilmarnock enterprise has exposure to virtually every industry in Ontario. This presents the RACE team with incredibly diverse opportunities.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Complete and maintain mechanical design and detailing for a variety of projects, including required drafting and large-scale projects
- Delegate duties and coordinate the design process with other designers in the department
- Provide support to other mechanical designers as well as the wider project team during all phases of the design/build
- Research and recommend ongoing design-based improvements to the company
- Oversee the design and drawing of larger, more complex systems and use appropriate methods to generate and verify the design
- Communicate project status, concerns, and design solutions with management, fellow staff including the presentation of design to internal and external stakeholders and acquiring approval to proceed prior to manufacturing
- Keeps up to date with the latest manufacturing techniques and drawing standards
- Support the use of the company’s quality system and ensure appropriate documentation of projects.
- Assist production personnel during equipment builds, observe and monitor how the build is progressing
- Oversee all assigned tasks in a neat, detailed, and timely fashion while striving to maintain budgeted hours
- Build on and broaden departmental skills and offerings to clients
- Mentor team development, growth, and succession planning
- Participate in business development related to your area of responsibility / clients.
- Mechanical Engineering degree with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience with industrial design, regulations, guidelines, and associated standards.
- Eng designation preferred
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Solidworks, MS Office, and other 3D imaging software
- Expert level knowledge of mechanical design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of motors, mechanical systems, pneumatics, robotic systems.
- Knowledge of structural design and its applications in manufacturing facilities would be an additional asset.
- Ability to estimate and quote engineering and design requirements
- Critical thinking with exceptional problem-solving skills, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals
- Proactive, resourceful and highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment
- Professional and effective communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects with proven track record
- Hybrid workplace office environment.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel to client location, construction sites and other off-site locations may be required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Working both indoors and outdoors required
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8