Senior Project Manager – Smiths Falls
Kilmarnock Enterprise is a privately owned multi-trade service company that has been in business for over 30 years. We provide a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be a part of a great team we would love to hear from you.
You will be fully accountable for the success of customer projects. Provide leadership by motivating and developing team members. Seek opportunities to drive change and improvements which result in a culture of high productivity to ensure successful project outcomes. Having ultimate accountability, responsible for communicating and working with all stakeholders including the client, operations, finance, business development (BD) and any other stakeholders to ensure successful completion of all milestones and final delivery of the product or service.
Your Contributions to the Team:
- Must promote good working relationships and facilitate and promote effective cross functional working relationships.
- Actively feed the short-term pipeline and follow-up with clients on submitted quotes
- Develop and foster client relationships and identify new opportunities for business, notifying the BD team of potential opportunities.
- Working closely with BD, participate in the proposal development process, proposal review, review of T&C’s and debriefing with BD/Senior Management (SM) Team when required.
- Identify potential risks and develop a risk register during the quote using the opportunity risk evaluation checklist.
- Evaluate the likelihood, severity, cost, and mitigation plan for any identified risk through the life cycle of the project. Establish project scope, cost, schedule, and resource requirements.
- Ensure purchase order and/or written authorization to proceed is obtained prior to project commencement.
- Prepare job routers when required and/or ensure clear and successful handover to project supervisors and stakeholders.
- Review shop, installation, and erection drawings with design manager. Communicate any issues or concerns with all stakeholders.
- Track and manage all scope change. Proactively seek approval for any and all additional costs from the client.
- Prepare accurate and timely project summary reports and metrics. Distribute project summary reports to all Stakeholders including Client, SMT, Project Team.
- Ensure accurate invoices are prepared and submitted when required and in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Track accounts receivable (AR) proactively to ensure payments are made according to agreed terms
- Ensure time cards are submitted daily.
- Direct and participate in weekly schedule resource assignments and alignment.
- Obtain applicable permits, preparing change orders, prepare employee and subcontractor agreements.
- Obtain supplier quotes and coordinate Purchase Orders thru purchasing group.
- Involve and participate with all H&S representatives and Project Supervisor to develop overall Site Hazard Assessment.
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews for functional reports, evaluating against KPI’s and development goals.
- Build a positive, engaging work environment and create strong relationships with one another and with clients.
- Manage site meetings, all on-site personnel, paperwork, and any other documents generated by project.
- Remove obstacles, facilitate productivity and commitment, motivate team members, delegate responsibility.
- Promote strong team atmosphere and recognition for individuals and teams and help individuals achieve identified goals that align with company objectives.
- Responsible for closing out the project and conduct lessons learned and post job review at the conclusion of the project and complete identified actions.
- Prepare and complete non-conformance reports (NCR) and continuous improvement ideas through the life cycle of the project. Identify and implement best practices.
- File copies of all project correspondence in the appropriate project folders on the network.
- Participate in weekly Project Management/Operation Team meetings.
- Conduct regular site visits and assess overall performance of all stakeholders and project team.
Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, effectively breaks down work into processes or steps, develops schedules and task people to assignments/work. Can effectively anticipate and adjust for problems and evaluates results.
Cross Functional Effectiveness – Knows how to get work done through formal channels and the informal network, can navigate through complexity and is able to influence across the organization.
Managing and Measuring Work – Sets clear objectives and measures, monitors process, progress and results and can balance time, costs, and resources.
Communication – Is timely with information and provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and make accurate decisions. Is able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communications settings and styles and can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Timely Decision Making – Makes quality decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
To be successful, you will need:
- Must have at least 5 – 10 years of experience in previous project role
- Must have proven track record and 5 years experience in managing/leading teams both directly and indirectly
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering and/or a combination of trades qualifications in welding, millwrighting and/or machining along with PM designation
- Must have familiarity with budgeting, spreadsheets, project management, performance management, hiring, coaching and supervision
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, and Microsoft Project
- Valid driver’s license.
- Occasional travel is required.
- Ability to travel within Canada and the United States.
Benefits For You And Your Family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care.
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance.
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed.
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance.
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects.
Safety Culture – Supports a positive Safety Culture by leading by example, demonstrating a strong commitment to safety, and taking immediate action when necessary.
Quality Culture – Promotes the quality culture by attending regular meetings with key stakeholders to ensure compliance with standards and effectiveness against KPIs.
Culture of Accountability – Demonstrates consistent above the line behaviors – See It, Own It, Solve It, Do It. Provide impact coaching to direct and indirect reports to encourage above the line behaviors on accountability (please see accountability document as a reference for coaching conversations).
Learning and Innovation Culture – Support intentional training programs for all employees that enable their growth and development that are focused on company goals, company values and company priorities and innovation initiatives as needed.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
About Smiths Falls:
A welcoming and safe community on the Rideau Canal system with 4 elementary schools and 3 secondary schools within the community, or an easy commute. A variety of health services including a full service district hospital. A scenic 45 minute drive from the nation’s capital city, Ottawa, 75 minutes from Kingston and 3.5 hours from downtown Toronto.
Smiths Falls offers a relaxed community feel with many amenities and is an affordable alternative to larger cities or suburbs, with minimal commute times. There are beautiful parks and trails for the outdoors person and many sports fields and good recreational facilities where you can get involved with local teams and participate in events.
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
- Employee Development: To attract, train and retain A-players, we provide a minimum of 25 hours of training annually for every single employee and a mentoring program.
- Team Work: Our work is all about collaboration and continual improvement. We communicate and adopt best practices established through team work.
- Health & Safety: The safety of our employees is paramount. That’s why our full-time Health and Safety Officer is responsible for all internal safety requirements.
- Quality Management System: Our ISO 9001:2015 Certified Quality Management System provides the framework that ensures we are continually improving our customer service standards and the products we deliver. Our goal is to provide superior service to our clients and leading edge standards of quality.
Questions? Ready to get started?Contact us today to put our experience to work
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8