Shop Supervisor – Trenton
Kilmarnock Enterprise has an immediate opening for a Machinist in Smiths Falls. You will be responsible for creating quality parts produced on various machines such as lathes, milling machines and general shop equipment.
The Shop Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place in the shop, ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency. The Supervisor will be responsible for the management of all workers in the shop and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals working in the shop shall take direction from the supervisor, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work.
The shop supervisor is responsible for the flow, continuity and quality of all active jobs and associated materials, while ensuring all work is completed safely and on expected timelines.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company
Job Duties will include:
Key responsibilities and requirements for the position:
Key responsibilities and requirements for the position:
- Respectfully intervenes on all unsafe acts and PPE infractions.
- Leads by example, wears necessary PPE, wears gloves when necessary etc.
- Recognizes and maintains housekeeping standards.
- Reports all near misses and safety incidents.
- JHSC Co-Chair. Attends quarterly meetings.
- Coordinates and participates in monthly workplace inspections.
- Works closely with the Health and Safety Coordinator to improve policy and procedures related to shop activities.
- Creates, tracks and ensures routers meet all standards. Ensures verifications are completed.
- Responsible for verification of final product (fab and paint).
- Ensures best practices are followed.
- Ensures proper tools are available, safe and properly used.
- Audits and upgrades job boards.
- Ensures workers are using the correct drawing revisions.
- Single point of contact for design questions and clarification.
- Recognizes and initiates NCRs as necessary.
- Ensures continuous improvement ideas are captured, completed and recognized.
- Supports and mentors in competency areas.
- Recognizes skill and training gaps. Recommends additional training requirements.
- Coordinates all inhouse training requirements (Safety Hub etc.) with key stakeholders. Ensures employees are made available.
- When resources are available holds training sessions for layout, fitting and fabrication.
- Responsible for all CWB compliance and training.
- Manages Trenton schedule and coordinates with Smiths Falls on weekly schedule.
- Coordinates with SF machine shop for any machining projects as required.
- Tracks shop jobs, hours, progress etc. Highlights conflicts and when things are going off track.
- Responsible for timesheet review, verification and sign-off.
- Backfills shop manpower gaps (fab, waterjet etc.) when required.
- Assists in quoting, material take-offs etc.
- Tracks and controls material usage.
- Identifies purchase requirements i.e. tooling, consumables etc.
- Works closely with tool crib staff to coordinate shipments, material etc.
- Reviews and completes recaps.
Fleet and Shop Equipment
- Responsible for all shop equipment preventative maintenance (PM) and repairs
- Coordinates with tool crib required fleet PM and repairs.
- Ensures shop equipment PM programs are being completed on a timely basis.
- Escalates high cost repairs to senior management.
- Responsible for painting priorities and workload. Ensures paint specifications and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all shop labour as required.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Journeyman or equivalent qualifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all applicable trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of project safety and productivity
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Possess a valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management skills
- Good project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally, at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Possess a First Aid Certificate
- 24/7 availability may be required.
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- May be required to work in potentially hazardous environments requiring protective equipment.
- May be exposed to dust, hazardous chemicals and high levels of noise.
- Hazards of the trade.
- Physical ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
Benefits for you and your family:
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniform and Boot Allowance
Kilmarnock Enterprise provides a collaborative and caring culture and the necessary tools and support for you to succeed. If you are energetic and eager to be part of a great team, we would love to hear from you. Forward your resume to HR@kilmarnock.ca or use the Apply for this Position form below.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8