The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the supervision of all activities that take place on the work site, ensuring high standards of workmanship and efficiency. The Site Supervisor will be responsible for the management of all on-site workers and enforcement of all required safety and work regulation policies. All work crews and individuals on-site shall take direction from the site supervisor, who is responsible for assigning required work and applying resources to accomplish that work. Site Supervisors are responsible for the efficient use of labor, machines, and materials by their crews, and will report on such things as personnel, costs and safety. Other responsibilities will include the planning and scheduling of work, maintain records of all materials used and the progress made on a job. While this job is mainly a position of supervision and management, the Site Supervisor will be required to assist in project work on an as needed basis. Site Supervisors must be familiar with customer contracts and procedures.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Assisting the Project Manager with the initial mobilization and set up of the project site.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency.
- Ensure the efficient use of labor, machines and materials used by the crew.
- Take an active role in the selection, training, assignment and supervision of project staff, including monitoring performance, providing feedback and taking corrective action.
- Coordinate the daily activities of project staff, construction trades and subcontractors, and use corrective actions to keep the project on time and on budget.
- Assist in the resolution of design issues, change requests, material defects and equipment problems. Ensure only current drawings and documents are used.
- Monitor job progress and costs and provide regular progress reporting to management.
- Manage all project administration activities including; on-site timesheets, proper job number coding, safety reporting, records and documents filing and management, daily communication with Project Manager to report on job status, progress and any issues/concerns going forward.
- Professional follow-up, liaison and client support until project approval.
- Establish effective onsite communications and progress reporting with sub-trades and clients.
- Maintain effective labor relations and ensure compliance with Company Policies, ISO Manual, Health and Safety Manual, Employee Manual, Employment Standards Act, and Labour Laws, resolution of employee grievances and fair treatment of employees.
- Purchase materials and equipment for site use as requested by the Project Manager
- Ensure that materials and equipment delivered to site are adequately identified and safely handled and stored to prevent loss, damage or injury.
- Provide coaching and training to team members and lead hands.
- Ensure compliance with Kilmarnock Enterprise Procedures – ISO Manual, Health and Safety Manual, Code of Conduct and General Procedures as per job responsibility.
- Ensure that records and documents are filed and managed in accordance with Kilmarnock procedures.
- Implement Health and Safety on site by complying with OHS Act, Regulations, Standards and Codes, Company Procedures and Special Site Requirements which shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the Job Safety Analysis for the project and ensuring all site-specific issues on that site are managed to achieve safe working practice
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessment and put control measures in place to minimize risks
- Carry out weekly safety inspections and record on site safety form
- Ensure first aid supplies are maintained and records are kept regarding usage and injuries
- Investigate, report and record any incidents or accidents and take action to prevent re-occurrence
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to by all site personnel at all stages of the project
- Monitor subcontractors’ performance and report to the Project Manager
- Ensure that MSDS are obtained for all hazardous substances brought onto the project and filed accordingly
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained
- Ensure adequate stocks of PPE are available on site
- Ensure all site visitors are aware of safety provisions prior to entering the project site
- Quarantine unsafe work areas, materials, plant and equipment
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Journeyman or equivalent qualifications
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all applicable trades and construction techniques
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Effectiveness in the areas of project safety and productivity
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Possess a valid drivers’ license with a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Possess a First Aid Certificate
- 24/7 availability may be required
- Physical ability to lift heavy loads
- Travel to the site, and off-site locations will be required
- Safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Will be exposed to project sites
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8