Structural Detailer – Trenton
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Structural Detailer works under the direction of the Design Manager. This person is knowledgeable in drafting and proficient in industry software, such as 3D modelling in AutoCAD, Tekla and Solidworks. As part of the Kilmarnock team, you will be responsible for modelling structural steel elements and producing detailed fabrication shop drawings, and site erection drawings based on the Architectural and Engineering drawings. This position provides the individual with an opportunity to effectively demonstrate precise and complete drawings, while maintaining all projects are fulfilled within a timely manner.
TRUST means we will trust each other to be accountable for our actions. We accept the consequences of our actions and inactions. We realize we are not perfect. When we err, we will admit our error and learn from it.
RESPECT means we will respect the dignity of each other, our clients, our suppliers, and everyone we come in contact with.
INTEGRITY means that as a corporation and as individuals we will always do what is right. If we have to ask ourselves the question, “is this right”, we already know the answer.
PROFESSIONALISM means we will conduct ourselves in a professional manner in all of our dealings, so that as members of the Kilmarnock team we can always be proud of the way we conduct ourselves with everyone inside and outside the company.
- Read and interpret design drawings
- Create detailed fabrication shop drawings and site erection drawings based on project requirements
- Liaise with internal or external Engineering
- Ensure that completed drawings have been reviewed, are accurate and comply with project or customer needs
- Respond to any requests for revisions for the project or customer, and work with Supervisors & Project Managers to troubleshoot issues
- Assist with any questions or challenges pertaining to fabrication and erection stages
- Work with Shop Managers and Project Managers to ensure project schedules are maintained
- Assist in the material take offs for projects being quoted.
- Interpret 3D scan data or perform field measurements for verification.
- Sense of accountability
- Good communication skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail.
- Degree or diploma in engineering/drafting, or equivalent experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in the steel industry, or equivalent industry experience
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Advanced knowledge in industry software such as AutoCad , Tekla , Solidworks, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication and erection practices such as connection and welding details.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Overtime may be required.
- Travel to client location, construction sites and other off-site locations may be required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs. may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Valid Driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Working both indoors and outdoors required
- Will be exposed to construction sites.
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Require the use of personal protective equipment.
- Health, Dental and Vision Care
- Life, LTD and Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan – Company Contributed
- Uniforms and Boot Allowance
- Potential Flexible Work from home / in-office environment
- Ability to use our shop for your personal projects
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Why work FOR us?
WE ARE COMMITTED TO OUR EMPLOYEES HEALTH AND SAFETY This is a top priority for us. We have a full time Health and Safety Coordinator who is responsible for all internal safety requirements, and we continuously invest in best practices related to health and safety.
WE HAVE COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS We offer competitive wages along with comprehensive health, dental and vision care benefits. We have RRSP/DPSP with company matching up to 2.5% of your base salary.
WE INVEST IN OUR EMPLOYEES PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT We offer a minimum of 25 hours of training per year for every employee. Also, the wide variety of work we do across diverse industry sectors offers unique opportunities for skills development. This is the #1 reason why our employees love to work here!
WE HAVE UNIQUE PERKS We offer the opportunity to use the shop and equipment for personal use, we provide a boot allowance, uniform provisions, community involvement, team events and company parties.
WE LOVE SOLVING COMPLEX PROBLEMS We solve our clients’ complex problems by collaborating with each other and working together as a high performing team; and we have fun doing it. We hire skilled people that others want to work with!
End-to-End Industry Solution Provider Solving Complex Problems
15 Hershey Drive
Smiths Falls, ON K7A 4T1
166 North Murray Street
Trenton, ON K8V 6R8